Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hello, again!


So I know it's been a while (ok a long while) since my last post...To be honest I was feeling a little lost, troubled with certain struggles in life and blogging just didn't fit into the equation. I found myself not caring about fashion, as it can sometimes be a vain, empty and a temporary satisfaction. There is always a new designer, always a great sale, always something that someone else is trying to convince you to buy that you probably don't need (I should know, I work in the advertising industry). But soon I began to reflect on why I love fashion and why I started this blog in the first place. It's not to be the premier style/fashion expert, but rather to create a place where I can share my fashionable finds with you, in the hopes of helping you find your next great treasure. I get excited to share great deals, and to have you share yours with me. I love luxury goods, but I also love me some Target. Being stylish isn't about how much you spend on an outfit, it's how you put it together to make it your own. Ralph Lauren said it best when he said, “Fashion is not necessarily about labels. It’s not about brands. It’s about something else that comes from within you.”

Recently my good friend Jaclyn featured me on her blog Streets of Sparkle   (if you are not subscribed to her blog, please do so NOW. It is fantastic, stylish and always entertaining). Her post reminded me again that fashion is about so many other things than the actual clothes, it's about how fashion can transform you, allow you to express yourself, and help you sparkle in your very own way. And so I plan on continuing this blog, and making it bigger and better!  Hope to see you along the way.


Photo courtesy of Streets of Sparkle

No comments:

Post a Comment